Story of a path


Story of a path


I am a path. I have no street but absolutely has a highway. Many calls me in different names. But I am satisfied with the name “highway”. Regarding the street I have many untold stories of joy, sorrows, memories and so on. Today I will share some stories with you all. Let me introduce myself. My name is “Panthapath”. Although my name is Panthapath, but not only the passersby use the path, but also many vehicles pass over me. My location is exactly at the center of Dhaka. My East side has mixed with Kazi Nazrul Avenue. There are the memorial of SAARC ‘Saarc Foara’, one of the most biggest hotels – ‘Pan Pacific Hotel Sonargaon’. And in the West, it has mixed with 32 no crossing of Mirpur Road. Beside this, there are Dhanmondi Lake and historical 32 no road. My length is only two kilometers. My journey begins at the last decades of 1980. Since today many vehicles are passing over me daily. Now I am used for multidimensional purpose. I am not only highway by name, but the dimensional usual of mine has made the sign of royalty. I have no bounds of joy. Thousands of people cross over me, and also many high-priced vehicles pass me daily. Over me, some lifts the patients, accessories, goods etc. As I have many joyous happening, side by side there are many sorrowful incidents and happenings. Daily many vehicles make heavy noise plus dark harmful fumes. Whereas this saddens me when I see the black fumes and the mild child. Again sometimes because of the recklessness of the drivers or default of the vehicles may cause accidents. I am a silent spectator of such kind of incidents. In my one side there are many huge buildings and shopping malls, just like that there are many slums over ponds, tanks, lakes. There people barely live on crowding. They can’t manage their daily meals. Many homeless and rootless gypsies take shelter on me. I can’t give them nothing but only a little space to lie down. Most of the time careless people urinate in the footpath of two sides. Many shopkeepers take controls of the footpath by keeping their goods and accessories of the shop. Many careless people misuse the footpath also, they throw their garbage here and there which create stink. At midnight, prostitutes appear for their earning purpose. Sometimes by seeing their helplessness makes me to love them rather than hating. My dream is to dismiss the traffic where there will not be any sound pollution, no accidents. I want a fresh environment where the passersby will be more careful to use the road, footpath. I will be happier when the helpless slum’s gypsy will get a shelter to live. For all these, govt. should take necessary steps. If all these are settled I will be happier.

Comments

Popular Posts